New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
September 1st 2009
Published: August 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

New Zealand, well this was a bit of surprise as we had not planned on visiting NZ at all but due to having to do a visa run we decided to go for two weeks.

We flew into Christchurch, spent a couple of day in the city, then flew to windy Wellington to spend a long weekend with Lesley and Steve, then back to Christchurch for a week of driving around the south island.

Highlights: Christchurch a nice quiet city; the SO hotel; staying with Lesley and Steve, walks along the beach; the Weta workshop where lord of the rings special effects were worked on; Wellighton somewhat wet and windy but a nice city to be in for a few days.

South Island, driving from Christchurch to Queenstown; snowboarding for a day in Queenstown. Fergburger; Fishbone bar & Grill, one of the best we have ever eaten in; driving up the west coast; Fox and Franz Joseph Glaciers; the backpacker camping van, very nice when the heater is on, cosy; wanting to stay in a town you see on the map but realizing there is nothing there once you arrive.




Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Lesley & ClaireLesley & Claire
Lesley & Claire

Tea after a afternoon Quad Biking
DinnerDinner
Dinner

Enjoying dinner in Lesley and Steve's place


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb