First visit to Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 15th 2006
Published: March 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Christchurch was our next port of call, so we got an early boat from Wellington to Picton on the South Island, which took a few hours. Once in Picton we rushed to board our coach to Christchurch, which arrived into Christchurch at around 6pm. Our friend Maree came to pick us up and we headed to her and her boyfriend’s house to stay for the next few nights.

That evening we just chilled out and had another nice homecooked meal and caught up with Maree who we had last seen in Sydney.

We only spent a couple of days in Christchurch on our first stop over there. We headed into town on our second day to have a look around and also look into how we were going to make our way around the South Island. Whilst in town we went to the Cathedral and grabbed some lunch. We had nightmares trying to get a car, as they all seemed to be booked out, but we luckily secured one for a reasonable price so our spirits were soon lifted after a bit of a panic. We were definitely not up for another coach trip as it seemed a much nicer way to travel around by car and be able to take it all at our own pace.

That night we went for a nice meal with Maree and Tone at a place called the ‘Lone Star’, devoured some ribs and then headed home for an earlyish night as we were leaving the next day to begin our drive around the South Island....



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb