Day 175 New Zealand, Oamaru to Leeson, Via Mount John.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Canterbury
May 12th 2015
Published: May 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello People,



We woke up nice and early and found the weather was warm as there was no condensation in the van for once!! We headed inland today to drive to Mount John and Lake Taipo. We got amazing pictures on the way up, however once up there the weather changed so quickly and fog covered us within minutes. We stayed at the top for a while to have some lunch and read (hoping for the weather to go as quick as it came in…it didn’t!!).



We drove to local hot pools which are mentioned in lonely planet books, however they were not natural and looked more like a cheap outside swimming pool so decided not to do them also the were $22 each.



We decided to get as close to Christchurch so we headed to its outskirts, on the way we drove over the worlds longest bridge (or New Zealand’s), then drove to Leeson to park up at a free campervan site on the lake but we couldn’t find it so stayed at a local suburb and safely parked up.



I cooked us a nice dinner and then we settled down for a spooks (on the last series now!) and bed.



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb