South Island


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Blenheim
November 24th 2012
Published: November 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Travelled to the South Island today. Checked in early for the ferry in Wellington so mananaged to spend an hour or so walking along the harbour. The ferry terminal is right in the centre of the city and the harbour is full of restaraunts etc. They had a market held in an underground carpark right in the city centre.

The ferry journey took about 3hrs. You guys all thought I was brave but not as adventurous as a German couple I met; they were on a cycling/hiking holiday with a 6mth old baby. Completely mad is what I thought!!

The ferry terminal in Picton was a bit of a contrast to Wellington, Picton is about the same size as Bardney.

Staying at Bleinhiem tonight, completely surrounded by vineyards. Not sure where I am going tomorrow, that will depend on if I go on wine tour.

Almost forgot, saw a drive through off licence today called Winos, I guess they know their target market.

Advertisement



27th November 2012

Greetings
Hi ya Mitch Sounds and looks like you are having an amazing time. Have enjoyed reading your blog. Nic gave me the link. Stay safe and enjoy your journeys and an amazing experience.
30th November 2012

Hi glad you are enjoying the blog. How are things going with you. Mitch

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb