Hello to Friends and Family in Wisconsin


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Whangarei
October 21st 2008
Published: October 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Good Evening, Friends and Family!! It's 9:15 pm New Zealand time, 3:15 am Wisconsin time.

It's the second day of our build. Totally unbelievable how far we have come in two days. The roof is almost half on. The goal is to get the rest done tomorrow morning.

The first four days have been great (except for the 12 hour flight from LA to Auckland)! The Thrivent build team from the US, our Build hosts, and our Build homeowner are getting along well, having lots of fun. The "Kiwis" are friendly people.

Everyone is a bit sore tonite--lots of overhead work today. Tomorrow we are only working in the morning--meeting with local families to experience the culture and sights in the afternoon.

We are so blessed to have met many new, wonderful people. Looking forward to each day to see how much we can accomplish.

We hope and pray all is well at home. Thank goodness for this technology. It is a great way to keep in touch with home.

Please add your own comments to the blog. We'd love to hear from you.

Missing all of lots--but know that you are with us everyday in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Rog and Beth

Advertisement



21st October 2008

Thanks for posting information on your build and what you are experiencing. Feel good about your accomplishments. You are truely blessed to be helping with this build. People like you make a difference in this world :o)
21st October 2008

Brrrr in WI
Good morning from WI! It's freezing here--literally 32 degrees, but it's only a little after 6 in the morning. Hope you guys are a bit warmer. Sounds like you are all having fun and have made great progress on the home. Way to go! Whenever you have pictures, I would love to see them. Miss hearing you "over the wall" Beth! Stay safe, have fun and may God bless you all!
21st October 2008

roofing
So the roof is almost complete! With Kathy there, the expert roofer, I'm not surprised. : ) Sounds like you've made great progress in a few short days....The work is hard, but the rewards are great - helping another family, while in the beautiful surroundings of NewZeeland. Many of us are envious of your trip so this blog is a great connection. Hang tough! My prayers go out to all! Joni
21st October 2008

Praise God you all made it and are making a difference for people in New Zealand. Debi I hope you slept on the plane, and I hope you miss me! Did you set your alarm or your watch?? God Bless!
21st October 2008

Awesome!
Hi Team New Zealand! Glad to hear you made it over safe and sound and that everything with the build is going well! Make sure you keep Kathy K in line for me. She was getting a little punchy before she left! Looking forward to hearing more about the build as the days go on! Take care, Carole
21st October 2008

Hello to Beth and Roger and their friends
The progress you are making on the house in such a short time is incredible. Your experience sounds absolutely awesome--one you will never forget. I am excited to keep getting your updates. Know you are in my daily thoughts and prayers as you continue this wonderful journey, friends. God's Blessings to all of you.

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb