Thrivent Builds Team Whangarei New Zealand Blog #2


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Whangarei
October 20th 2008
Published: October 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have had a very busy first day on the build. With the individual wall sections allready framed, we were able to get all of them moved into place. By the end of the day, we also had all the rafters set. We were happy to hear that the amount of progress we made has already put us ahead of schedule.

Just getting to the site was an adventure. It was a 26 kilometer treck up and down the countryside. The roads were narrow and steep. When we arrived, it was not like anything we expected. The site sits atop a mountain with spectacular views of the surrounding countryside. The homeowner currently lives on the property in a series of makeshift structures. His name is Steve and he is quite handy. We will add more on his lifestyle in later posts.

We realize that many of you would like to see some pictures from our trip. Today the group took many fun photos. We will get some of them posted shortly. For now the hour is late and we are resting up for another busy day down under.

Advertisement



20th October 2008

being there
I am so glad you have this blog. I like getting as much info on what's going on down there. It sounds wonderful. Am looking forward to seeing some photos. Enjoy yourselves and don't work so hard that you forget to have fun.
20th October 2008

Good Show Paul
Sounds like you and the team are really into it from the start. It is really great that a group like yourself and others take the time and effort to do good things in this world. It helps take our attention off all the really bad things that are going on around the world. Keep it up. Myself and the rest of the Lions Club Look forward to all your reports.
20th October 2008

Down Under
Sounds like you made amazing progress down under on your very first build day. Congrats! So---inquiring minds want to know---does the water swirl in the opposite direction when going down the toilet drain? =)
20th October 2008

Good work
Keep up the good work, Paul. I will share you e-mails with the White Bear Lake Lions Club at our Thursday meeting. Looking forward to some photos. Doug
20th October 2008

You made it!!!
Kari, so glad to hear you made it safe and sound. It also sounds like the team has already accomplished quite a bit - great news! I am looking forward to hearing all the stories:) Take care. Much love, angie and jay.
20th October 2008

Happy Building!
Hi Jeff and Kari! Glad to hear that you arrived safe and sound! Happy Building!!!
20th October 2008

A labor of love
So glad to hear that the team arrived safely! In my Sunday School youth group yesterday, we talked about what it means to labor with love, and you all are shining examples of that. Blessings to all of you ... can't wait to see photos and hear all about the trip when you get back. Have you seen any kangaroos yet? Oh, wait .... do they have kangaroos in New Zealand? :=)
20th October 2008

Hi from Florida
Just wanted to say hi and sounds like an amazing place! I am Jeff's older brother, so, keep him straight down under! He is a pretty good carpenter even if he does use the wrong hand! Good luck to all and is a great project you are doing!
20th October 2008

Glad you arrived safely
Good blog, it certainly brings back memories of being there in 2007. I can't wait to see the hill up the mountain and the house you are building. Have fun and good luck on the jet lag. The best way for me to keep track of NZ time is 1 day ahead and 6 hours back, soon to be 7 hours when we switch to daylight savings. Or for you folks in NZ and wondering about us here. 1 day back and 6 hours ahead. 3 pm there is 9 pm here, but yesterday. Oh confusing. Just have fun.
21st October 2008

Blessings!
Blessings to you all during this journey!
22nd October 2008

Hi toeveryone
We are having so much fun reading about your experiences "down under". Good luck to everyone and Happy Birthday to Becky on the 27th. Love, Grandma and Grandpa
23rd October 2008

Hey Bro! You are making a whole lot of people proud! Most of all you! Your friends and family here in MN can't wait to see the photos and hear the stories of your New Zealand build! I want to see a picture of you "leading with a stern hand!" Love ya, Sister Beth

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb