Wellington


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
October 9th 2012
Published: March 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Bus to Picton then the beautiful ferry across to windy welly, managed to get the last bed in base backpackers and met some lovely people over the 5 nights spent in the room. Learnt a lot from them about travel in Australia and some of the places in New Zealand as well.

Only planned to spend a couple of days seeing the sights of Wellington but a bit too much fun in the first couple of nights meant not very productive days! Helped a girl Chelsea move into her new house in welly after moving over from Brisbane, and then went to the footy to see Wellington Pheonix beat Sydney FC 2-0 with Kieth and Chelsea.

The next 3 days were spent exploring the Te Papa museum, writing CV's panicking about what the hell I'm going to do in New Zealand with no plan and Emailing WWOOF hosts. The museum was very interesting and had the added bonus of free WiFi so became a regular attraction between very unsuccessful job hunting in the bars and cafés in the city. Took a bus up to WETA cave, the production company of LOTR, and saw an interesting video of how they create the amazing costumes and effects.

Then on my last day I took the cable car up to the botanical gardens and walked back down into town, beautiful views across the bay and feeling sad to leave, but found a WWOOF host so better go and stop spending money!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb