Kiwi Hospitality


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
February 3rd 2009
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I could bore you with the nitty gritty details of waking up, having breakfast, jumping on the bus, heading to Picton, having lunch, sailing through one of the most beautiful coastal regions ever, arriving in Wellington, playing some pool and then going to the welsh bar. But i'll save you that. Its a given.

We met Anton, at just after 7pm in none other than the welsh bar. We got him a pint in, quickly caught up, chugged the beer then grabber our gear to head to his place.

He ran round the shop while we chilled out, getting ingredients for dinner. Then we went to his, said hi to the housemates again. I grabbed a quick shower and when i came out a large Malibu and L & P was on ice for me.

Anton knocked up an awesome butter chicken for us and i had thirds this time. It was lush! Anton then showed us to his room and said we could ahve the double bed for the night. We tried to argue but it was pointless. "Its too big for me, i'm use to the sofa" he said.

We headed to the Welsh bar, had some beer, played some pool and had a good chat. Beer and Bourbon just kept coming! Another Maori bloke wound up called Norm and had a chat with us for a while. It was a really good night.

We said goodbye to Tom, the bar man, for the last time and then headed back to Antons, for a quick brandy and bed. As we were getting ready to crash he produced some branded glasses and other Speights memorabelia for us to take with us. Insisting!

The next morning we had tea and toast and he saw us off from the bus stop with a traditional Hungi.

This guy is an absolute bloody legend!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb