Peter Jacksons Home


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
December 4th 2005
Published: December 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post


So as you all know, we are in the land of the Lord of the Rings. The basic thing here is, everyone knows everything about the movies and the people who made them. Everyone knows somebody who was involved. Well David's Aunt and Uncle have been really great to us and have been taking us around Wellington to see the sights. We have seen some great views and today was no exception. We started off the day by heading to the wildlife reserve that was constucted just withing the city limits. You would be really surpised to find this great place in such a big city. You would definately not get that back home in Canada. It consisted of a predator proof fence that went around a huge valley where birds could flourish without any threat. The reserve was constructed 5 years ago and is doing very well. The idea was that some species would be able to get large enough to venture out to the city. It was an amazing place and the species of birds and trees was amazing to see. On our way out, they asked if we wanted to go see peter jacksons house, and were like "Hell yea!".


More about that later.

Peace
Mike

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb