Birthdays, ballet & belly dancing


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
September 5th 2007
Published: September 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Birthday toesBirthday toesBirthday toes

It's a hard life, soaking in a hot tub!
August was all a bit manic, but having a life is great!!

I guess things really kicked off with the Hollie Smith concert. She's a soul-y Wellingtonian, on her first (I think) tour. Bloody marvellous. There was a bit of a hoo-hah when my ticket got lost - through absolutely no fault of my own. Luckily $10 got me a replacement issued. Hoorah!

I had a lovely birthday (thanks for the cards, prezzies, e-mails & texts), starting with drinks at Manhattan Lounge and followed by dinner at The White House All very nice.

Then it was to Circa theatre to watch 'The Cape', a NZ play about a road trip to Cape Reinga - really good. There was a missing ticket saga here as well, this time my fault. Luckily no $10 charge and a new ticket.

My local pub Monteith's Brewery Bar shouted me dinner 'cos of the birthday - not bad, hey?

I organised a trip up the mountain, with 7 of us hiring a fab little holiday house, complete with hot tub, in Ohakune. It was a great weekend with awesome weather, but unfortuntaely the body count was not so good! Joanna had hardly looked at the snow, never mind done any runs, when she had an awkward fall & ended up in the medical centre with a sprain (or maybe a strain) in her shoulder. Dana, at least, made it through to the last run of the weekend before a fall saw her get stretchered off the mountain with a torn cruciate ligament. All the beginners had a great time and there are some new snow bunnies that are well & truly hooked! The weather looks great for this weekend, so am heading up for the day on Saturday. Also planning for next weekend, but as for the forecast? Who knows?

Last weekend was a really good one to be in Wellington - it seemed that spring had really sprung. Unfortunately that hasn't lasted & it is now hammering it down & is bloody cold as well. Anyway, had a lovely girls trip to the ballet on Sunday - 'Cinderella'. Followed by a super meal at Zibibo.

Ok, so now the belly dancing! Well, Kat bought me a lesson for my birthday (along with a set of poker chips, so I no longer have to rely on hair clips or bits of newspaper). So we trotted along last night and had a great time. Have signed up for a 6 week course. It was a hoot!

Sept 10th.
I seem to spend so much time on the internet (and none of it doing my tax return), but have only just put the photos on. I was far too busy to be taking photos up the mountain, so have stolen a couple of Roberto's. Anyway, snow looks like snow and there are plenty of those floating about!
Had a great day at Whakapapa on Saturday, but was too shattered to stay up and watch rugby that night, so made do with watching the highlights in my jammies on Sunday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Roseneath parkRoseneath park
Roseneath park

the swings & slide in this park have such a great view
Welly waterfrontWelly waterfront
Welly waterfront

The fern water fountain thingy is very cool


10th September 2007

Wonderful Welly!
Hi Annie, your Welly photos are great! My son lives there and we visited Welly and the North Island Spring 2005, hope to come back next year. Have a great life there! Pat in North Yorks. England.
11th September 2007

Thanks Pat. Glad you like the photos. As you know, Welly is very photogenic - especially on a good day!

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb