DAY 31 WELLINGTON-TITAHI BAY


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 3rd 2023
Published: March 3rd 2023
Edit Blog Post


Following 8 photos are of Titahi Bay
An efficient few hours, saw us clean the motorhome in and out, that the company received the van in a cleaner state than what was received … which wasn’t that bad.

Before returning it we travelled to Titahi Bay and walked the path along the cliff face. Timely, as the fire department from the local town brigade were doing mock rescues on the same cliffs. We struck up conversation with them and recalled the very unfortunate deaths of the two firemen on the first night of the cyclone at Muriwai, the place we first visited with the van.

The return of the motorhome was without drama and we were complimentary shuttled to our accommodation at “Rydges Wellington Airport”. We were able to check-in 3 hours early as our booked room was available. Repacking of the case and carry-ons was completed without fuss. We were ready.

The trip highlights for me were the teamwork between Jane and myself. It was a happy time. NZ North Island is beautiful and we explored as much as we could, doing the activities we love doing … walking the trails, climbing to high points, meeting people, eating, drinking wine (ratio 10:1), being dazzled
by the numerous amazing views, challenged by the narrow, winding, blind cornered roads, camping freely and in places that offered us wonderful sounds and views to wake up to. The trip had begun in the South Island with 4 days of strenuous bike riding and even though we cursed at the difficulties at times, we will recall the experience with ‘fondness’.

We return home with forever memories ready to put the finishing touches to our next adventure. Whilst in good health it will be onwards ... and ... onwards.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement









Wellington Airport view from our room ... Air NZ landing.


Transport ... Air, Land, Sea ... busy airport.


The following 7 photos are of world class bikes currently on loan to NZ and on display at Wellington Airport.


Currently the fastest bike in the world ... ridden by Team Sky.



Icon of its time ... Greg Lemond's Team Z bike.



This bike dances up the mountains and storms the descents ... With me on it ... probably slow waltz up and a roll down.


All 3 on display


The following photos are this phot says ... all on loan to display at Rydges Wellington Airport.





5th March 2023

Thanks for taking me along in the blog. :)
5th March 2023

What a trip!
It was quite stressful reading about your adventures, with the intense bike rides and then cyclone. The rest of your trip sounded lovely though. Enjoy your well earned memories 😊

Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb