Christmas and New Year.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
January 18th 2018
Published: January 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Christmas Time.Christmas Time.Christmas Time.

Always starts with a visit to Santa.
A great Christmas and New Year spent in Taupo at Annemarie and Corrado's place. Also there was Jon, Carina and their 2 wee ones, Sadie and Miles, along with their au pair, Stevie. On Christmas day we had a house full with Leanne and Jasper, Jaspers parents and sister, and Paul, Hana and Katie who came down for the day from Cambridge. A typical Christmas day with plenty of sitting around nattering, plenty of food and of course a few drinks. New Year eve we went up to Paul and Hanna's for a wonderful evening then back to Taupo were we watched the midnight fire works. We caught up with Amy, Jeremy, Holly and Ella, along with Warwick on Boxing day before they all headed back to Hawkes Bay. So a good festive time.

While in Taupo we spent time going on walks, out on the Lake with Corrado on his boat "Irene", having picnics and just really relaxing. I will always be in love with Taupo and I seem to be able to relax and enjoy everything that happens there.

So back to Wellington were the summer so far has been treating us so well, with temperatures in
Out On Lake Taupo.Out On Lake Taupo.Out On Lake Taupo.

Warwick joined us for for a turn at the helm.
the the high twenty's or above and windless days. Magic!

Amy and Jeremy have come down for a week and have been keeping themselves busy doing all sorts of things with the girls. Jeremy has been really enjoying the wonderful weather, out in front of the house on his paddle board, which he loves. One day was spent at the Wellington Zoo, which the girls really love, and insist on going to when they are down. This time they had a bonus as Warwick had bought an experiance with the Meer Kats for them for Christmas. They loved it. They joined a zoo keeper in the inclosure for half and hour and feed the Kats while the kats climbed over, under and all around them, There were even some babies involved. A great experience.

Hoping that the rest of summer is as good as it has been so far. Lots of things to do around the house, lots of people to catch up with and only 4 weeks until Di's new knee. Then recuperation time when I become a nurse and general caregiver. Yea, Right!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Lake Taupo.Lake Taupo.
Lake Taupo.

Jon enjoys a seat out front.
On The Lake.On The Lake.
On The Lake.

Miles, Carina, Sadie and Stevie enjoy the cruising.
Christmas Turkey.Christmas Turkey.
Christmas Turkey.

Di gets the turkey under way.
Pre Dinner Christmas Snack.Pre Dinner Christmas Snack.
Pre Dinner Christmas Snack.

This was beautiful to look at and to eat.
Pre Dinner Snacks.Pre Dinner Snacks.
Pre Dinner Snacks.

Outside enjoying the sunshine.
Christmas Dinner.Christmas Dinner.
Christmas Dinner.

Waiting for the cracker pulling and the meal to commence.
Lake Taupo.Lake Taupo.
Lake Taupo.

Corrado and Stevie enjoying the Lake with one of Corrodes toys.
Boxing Day.Boxing Day.
Boxing Day.

Enjoying the festive season with everyone.
Lake Taupo.Lake Taupo.
Lake Taupo.

I love just sitting in places like this. Great views, great peace, great Lake. Always places to walk to to find time by yourself.
Hawkes Bay.Hawkes Bay.
Hawkes Bay.

Di enjoys the company of Holly and Ella.
MeerkatsMeerkats
Meerkats

Holly, Ella and Jeremy enjoy a close encounter with the Meerkats at Wellington Zoo.


Tot: 0.404s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 23; qc: 96; dbt: 0.1507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb