BLACKED OUT


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington Region » Wellington
September 14th 2011
Published: September 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everybody!

While ya'll probably clicked on this blog thinking that you were going to read about a crazy night I had this past weekend where I drink to much alcohol maybe climbed a light pole to steal a official world cup flag and then blacked out and did not remember... I am sorry to inform you that is not what the title means.

As some of you might know but most of you won't this past weekend was the opening of the Rugby World Cup here in New Zealand. Rugby World Cup to New Zealanders is like the Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, March Madness, and the Olympics rolled into one.

Here in New Zealand there Rugby team is called the All Blacks. Now the All Blacks here are almost as important as god is. Literally, Kiwis are obsessed with this team. They eat, sleep, breath, dream, think All Blacks.

Kiwis Love for All Blacks = (Take the person you love most)x(1,000,000) and that might come close to how they feel.

It is actually incredible, since being here the news has consisted of:
June/July: Coverage of all Rugby games to predict which players will be chosen for the team

August: The lead up and picking of the official World Cup All Black Team

September: Rugby World Cup / Every move the All Blacks make

What else has happened while this was happening over the last 3 months?
- Norwegian Shooting
- United States almost goes into debt
- Hurricane Irene
*Coverage of these events 30 seconds before news ended

For anyone not familiar with Rugby and the World Cup the All Blacks have chocked in the last six World Cup either in the finals or semi-finals so needless to say this is kind of a big deal.

If they win the country will be the happiest place on earth

If they lose there is a civil defense plan in place to stop the riots and mobs. Psychologist are on call for those who feel the need to end there lives.

Other then the All Blacks taking over the country, Wellington is awesome and they have set up Jumbo screen TVs down at the waterfront to watch all the games. It is going to be a fun few weekends.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb