Another vineyard


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wairarapa
November 3rd 2012
Published: November 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Gladstone winery Gladstone winery Gladstone winery

"I've found a trapdoor to the cellar below"
Gladstone winery was a must stay as it offered wine tasting, cellar door purchases and accommodation. What we had not factored was the Monday syndrome. Everywhere outside major towns and cities closes, including the winery restaurant.

Even the local pub was to close at 5pm. Only one solution. Off I went to the nearest supermarket (20 minutes each way) to purchase two steaks. We put jacket potatoes in the oven and I cooked the steaks on the BBQ and together with a bottle of pinot noir we had a delightful supper. With over 100 nights of dinning out this trip it made a pleasant change to cook in. It won't become a habit as washing up is not much fun.

Moved on to Martinborough, the wine capital of S.E. North Island. Population 1,500 but due to host 15,000 visitors for the festival next week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Vines aplentyVines aplenty
Vines aplenty

Can't get used to this upside down part of the world. In Europe we be be harvesting icewine but here the vines have not flowered.
McCloudMcCloud
McCloud

The dog's owners are of Scottish descent.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb