Huka Falls and Lake Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
October 28th 2006
Published: October 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

In da houseIn da houseIn da house

New baseball cap
27/10/06
Went out for a meal as it was Uncle Andys birthday on Wednesday. Tried the pasta but didn't like it so sent it back and got a burger instead. Much much much better. Uncle Andy had a massive T Bone steak that came on a plate the size of a tray. None of us could manage a pudding though. We then went down to the TAB Bar which is a sports bar next to the bookies. Met Gary who runs it and he gave me one of their baseball caps. Very quiet night compared to the other weekend.

28/10/06
Seeing as the weather was much better than last weekend, we decided to have a trip down to Huka Falls and then on to Taupo. As you can see from the pictures the sun was shining but the cloud was a bit low and we couldn't see the three big hills from Lake Taupo.

We walked down to the Falls and watched the Huka Jet Boat come up - it spins you around and goes well fast. We are going to go on it when the warmer weather comes. The water at the Falls are really blue and nice
Huka FallsHuka FallsHuka Falls

Clear Blue Water
to look at. Loads of tourists there getting in our way!!

We then went on down to Taupo and had some lunch before walking up to the crazy golf course. I got a hole in one (again) but lost anyway. Shall have to get some practice in. We had a wander round the shops but had to leave about 3pm because we were all babysitting at night. Me and Aunty Tina both fell asleep in the car on the way back - Uncle Andy had to sing to himself.

Babysat for 4 year old Eve and watched Shrek and Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat as well as playing Olympics and drawing and colouring in. A good night was had by all I think. Eves parents came back about 10pm and then we all sat gassing and finally went to bed at 1am. Unfortunately I had to get up for work today - I really really wanted a lie in and am feeling shattered now.

Joined the gym last week and seeing as I haven't been to the gym for a while my abs, legs and arms were sore. Trying to go again tomorrow before work coz
Huka FallsHuka FallsHuka Falls

Me & Aunty Tina
Im on 3-10 tomorrow. If not I can have a lie in!!

Halloween this week and me and Uncle Andy have got our picture ready to put on the door to scare the kids away. Hope you like it.

Next Saturday should be Auckland for the day but watch this space for further news.

Speak soon
Ebo



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Lake TaupoLake Taupo
Lake Taupo

Me & Aunty Tina
Lake TaupoLake Taupo
Lake Taupo

Me & Uncle Andy
HalloweenHalloween
Halloween

Wooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0999s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb