Touring Monocle


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
January 3rd 2016
Published: January 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Happy New Year everybody.

Now in Taupo on the way down to Waikanae near Wellington to visit friends, then on the ferry on the 5th to the South Island.

Was sad to leave Athalie and Alan at Snells Beach, tremendous hosts and such fun. Now been renamed the Pommiegannets!!!!

The journey down here was eventful. Went via Rotorua to the see the thermal springs with a view of having a swim in them, as it's raining hard. Popped into the thermal valley, and decided it was too wet to do the 2 hour hike, so jumped back in the car. Wouldn't start....key was stuck in the ignition and couldnt engage gear. Luckily had joined the AA who took nearly 2 hours to come out. Stuck in the middle of nowhere, chucking it down, so played cards in the car. Turned out the split pin had sheared from the gear linkage, so couldn't engage gear. The cure, cable tie. Will get a garage to look at it when in the South Island, have a base there for a couple of weeks, called Lincoln would you believe that!!!!!

New Year's Day was a washout for the campers, which was such a shame for them, but it has been very dry.

Bye for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb