Taupo/river valley 23-26/2


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
February 26th 2009
Published: March 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

On the way to Taupo we stopped off for a short forest walk with some natural tunnels and caves to walk through which was a nice stop. We also stopped to watch some rabbit shearing. This involved the lady tying up an Angora rabbit in a very tortorous looking position and using sheep shears to de-fur it. Towards the end of the trip we stopped at huka falls, these are really good as the water is an amazing blue colour and the waterfall itself is quite impressive.

The first night in Taupo we went for a game of mini golf. Kirsty managed to win this by one point and she also got a hole in one on the last hole, winning herself a free round of golf. We then went out to an Irish bar with the bus group. This was really fun and there was a really friendly traveller, who wasn't on the bus, who decided to buy Kirsty and I a couple of drinks each and a plate of food which was very nice of him.

The next day the weather wasn't amazing so we went for a pizza hut buffet which is much better here than in Englanmd as for $11 you get all you can eat pizza, salad bar and dessert. We then went back to the hostel and watched a few films to keep us out of the rain.

On the bus trip to river valley we stopped off in Tongariro national park. Whilst there we had a really nice picnic with the bus and then went on a nice walk to burn off the food. After the walk we stopped at a waterfall, apparently where gollum caught a fish, at which some of the people jumped in. When we got back on the bus the bus driver performed the Haka for us.

When we arrived in river valley we had a game of volleyball and then went for a wander and found a tree swing and a really cool pulley system to get across the river. We then went to the bar for the rest of the night.




Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

river valleyriver valley
river valley

volleyball
river valleyriver valley
river valley

river pulley system
river valleyriver valley
river valley

river pulley system


1st March 2009

Jus think kirst we could shear colin!
1st March 2009

Methinks Kirsty had a little too much to drink !!!
3rd March 2009

Rabbit Shearing
That is one funky rabbit.

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb