Windy... very windy.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
November 7th 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, the plan for Taupo was to go skydiving. It didnt happen. 😞 My cold went away in time and the sky was clear...kinda, so all seemed good. We went to down to reception of our hostel, wich was really good by the way - Tiki lodge, and she phoned up the company. The verdict was that it was too windy at the minute but that they wouldt know about the afternoon until later. So we waited. and waited. Too windy, no skydiving today. So the 1st day in Taupo was spent in the hostel dorm reading and waiting for the wind.

Day 2 - more of the same, really. except after a while we just gave up on the skydiving being on and went for a walk along the lake. Lake taupo is a bit bigger than Singapore, so its quite big really. Unfortunately, the path around the lake seems to start on the road to the left of our hostel. Guess which way we went. We ended up in a small marina looking a boats. And a water plane.

Also, i havent mentioned how cold it is. it's supposed to be summer! well, more like spring but still...Its cold. so we went in search of warm clothes that didn't cost much. That pretty much sums up taupo. We didnt do much and it was cold. Oh! we did do something! There was a quiz night on in an Irish bar near our hostel, so that was the first nights festivities. Our roommate had a very bad hangover the night after...it was quite amusing...sorry to Sarah if you somehow find this.

So now we're in Wellington. 6.5 hours on a bus. the joy.

I'll add photos later


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Its a hard life for a dogIts a hard life for a dog
Its a hard life for a dog

Harry the dog at the way station at flat hills on the way down to wellington. Its a hard life having to laze around all day in the sun and then get cuddled and fed by coach loads of tourists...
The view from the bus.The view from the bus.
The view from the bus.

I think this is tongariro...maybe...
Another view from the bus.Another view from the bus.
Another view from the bus.

If the other is Tongariro, this is.
And a bin...And a bin...
And a bin...

Not quite so cool but still up there.
Its a Drain!!! Its a Drain!!!
Its a Drain!!!

INNIT COOL!!!!


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb