Driving back through the North Island to Wellington


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
September 4th 2005
Published: September 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Lake TaupoLake TaupoLake Taupo

It was a very clear day, a good day for heaps of driving. It was almost impossible to tell where the lake ended and where the sky started Lake Taupo is the biggest lake in the southern hemisphere, fyi.
Today I did alot of driving, again. We took the 1, which is the fastest and the main highway up to Auckland. I decided to go back a different way to see more of the countryside. We took the 1 for a while and than took the 4 towards the southern Taranaki region near the ocean. It was very pretty and worth the extra time. It looked just like "middle-earth" from Lord of the Rings. Lots of green mountains, forests, some snow, rivers, waterfalls, cliffs, etc. It was lots of fun. Lake Taupo was huge, its the biggest lake in the southern hemisphere. Unfortunately the sun had just set when we reached the ocean. I wanted to stop and hang out on a beach for a while but the girls said they had to get back to do homework. We got back into Wellington late at night. It was a great trip, I had an awesome time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SceneryScenery
Scenery

The van in the background... really nice day.
The Drive BackThe Drive Back
The Drive Back

This is a pic of the view from the 4 freeway.
??????
???

Wait, the van is moving, fast, and I'm driving... How was this photo taken??? Haha, let me know what you think...
NapoleonNapoleon
Napoleon

Representin the fro, mauis, Boulder, and funked out adidas shorts... yay yaaay


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb