Skydive


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
June 12th 2007
Published: June 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

JumpingJumpingJumping

SOOOOO much fun!
Yep, we all did it! we woke up this morning to beautiful sunshine and knew, today was the day.

After hanging around Taupo from Saturday we were just waiting for the right day to skydive. The first cancellation was due to high winds, the next because of cloud, and the day after because of rain. Today couldn't have been better.

My instructor was Elad from Israel. Really nice guy, ill include a pic of him. I wasn't that nervous which was good, although some of the pictures may tell a different story!

We packed into a tiny little plane and flew to just over 15,000 ft. At 12.00am we jumped. I was first in the plane getting in, so last out. It was so quick i didn't have time to get cold feet.

The fall was breath taking, literally! i cant really describe the falling, it was out of this world. The freefall lasted 70 seconds but felt like 10. Another instructor fell with us as a camera man. The video looks good, so will have to show you when i get home. There was a huge jolt as the parachute opened and we began to
JumpingJumpingJumping

Awesome
slow down (obviously) The view was awesome. Because the day was so clear most of the North Island could be seen including snow capped mountains, the whole of Lake Taupo and beyond. It was a bit cold up there but we were given gloves which helped.

The landing was surprisingly comfortable, with us sliding along on our bums. I would do it all again in a heartbeat. Great experience.

Some of the other pictures i will include are of Mt Tongariro and another one i cant spell. They are not great because when we drove over, the weather was awful will low cloud and rain. This is the mountain featured in The Lord of the Rings - Mount Doom. We are heading to Wellington over the next few days so will be going on a tour which has been recommended to us.

There is only about a month to go now. I cant believe its nearly over! Im looking forward to coming home though, but i love New Zealand so much, it will be hard to leave it.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Stunning ViewStunning View
Stunning View

Beautiful
Our PlaneOur Plane
Our Plane

Very squashed
The GirlsThe Girls
The Girls

That an achievement!
Elad my instructorElad my instructor
Elad my instructor

Takes a good photo! really nice guy.
Me and a MountianMe and a Mountian
Me and a Mountian

The one next to this is Mount Doom but it was covered by cloud
Giant PillowGiant Pillow
Giant Pillow

Me on the giant pillow at the campsite. Just like a bouncy castle. Mega fun.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb