Bam crash thank you ma'am


Advertisement
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
July 17th 2017
Published: July 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Bam crash thank you ma'am. Jo "Always Trouble" drives like a maniac. I've called her Fangio Trouble but that's not half of it. First met her in Kuala Lumpur for Travelblog's 10th Birthday. She hiked through jungle instead of driving to meet us and was two hours late...sweaty but successful. Been friends ever since. She was Trouble then. One thing in common is Denise and I hired a car and drove... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 21


Advertisement























17th July 2017

N.Z.
Hey Dave, your pictures brought me back to New Zealand , and I always remember my experience there with a lot of pleasure.
18th July 2017

N.Z.
NZ is a great place Marcos. We shouldn't leave it as long before our next visit...hope to return next year!
17th July 2017

Jo trouble!
Dave, good to know about Jo....I knew she is trouble, but didn't know she is always trouble:) ? I have to reserve casting my vote for the kiwi the 2nd most beautiful country in the world....to me, it's my country Canada!
18th July 2017

Jo Trouble!
My mantra for voting NZ as the second most beautiful place in the World is based on standing on one spot and turning...a mountain in front, a lake to the left, a fjord to the right, a primordial forest, glacier or shot of steam behind. My first love is the open spaces of Oz...but NZ has beauty within easy reach at every turn. QED.
17th July 2017

The Dangerous ones with nothing but trouble
What a great combination for fun. We hope to meet Jo soon. Two photo experts together....you can't go wrong.
18th July 2017

The Dangerous ones with nothing but trouble
You'd love Jo, MJ. As you guys are the Dangerous Ones, whether Jo meeting you guys would equate to "nothing but trouble" sounds like an excellent reason to make it happen!
17th July 2017
Piha Beach, NZ

Stunning beach
Love the use of light.
18th July 2017
Piha Beach, NZ

Stunning beach
NZ has great light MJ. The wild west coast beaches especially so.
17th July 2017

Photo magic
Very artsy
17th July 2017

Silouettes
Fantastic moment
17th July 2017

Mysterious
Nice one
18th July 2017

I love everything volcanic
I love everything that is volcanic. Geysers, hot springs, lava tubes, fumaroles and so on. New Zealand would be awesome to visit some day and another must-see place is Yellowstone. I have visited some pretty cool places. I have a feeling I might have mentioned this to you before though. But I tell you anyway. Boiling Lake in Dominika, Strokkur Geyser and Stori Geyser in Iceland and Mud Volcanos in Gobustan Azerbaijan are a few highlights from my travels. /Ake
18th July 2017

I love everything volcanic
So do we Ake. Probably climbing Anak Krakatoa is my favourite as it was a mixture of danger and madness but the calm and volatility of volcanic places gets us every time.
19th July 2017

In my mind's eye
This is how I imagine NZ will be, thanks for the photographic proofs of what I have in my mind's eye. Will visit some day and would like to stay in one of those houses. Keep travelling!
19th July 2017

In my mind's eye
Nice to hear from you Frank. These pics from the North Island and the previous blog on Maori culture. The North Island is the one with boiling mud and the South Island is the one with glaciers and fjords. The Lord of the Rings was filmed on both the North and South Islands and both are quite different and stunning in many ways.
20th July 2017

Outvoted!
Looks like you're outvoted Dancing One on the driving assessment - Denise was having a great time ;-) Those few days will always be special - I smile just thinking of the fun we had, and so glad I was able to get you out to our West Coast - but plenty more gems over here, and you're only three hours away. Hope to see you both at Christmas!
20th July 2017

Outvoted!
What's this about a driving assessment? What happens on the field stays on the field I say. Hope you also got some great pics with your beefy SLR of our time together. Looking forward to our next time together. In the interim...Relax & Enjoy.
21st August 2017

Bam Crash
If blogs are like dinner, I reckon yours are like dessert. The ones you savor. I have a few friends like Jo Trouble and I can't imagine a day without them! We all need a 'Jo Trouble" in in our life. Your description of Oz made me want to be there instantly. Your blogs always take me away...thanks Dave for sharing. I actually credited you in one of my recent blogs. Love being part of this blogging community as humbled as I feel amgonst you all!
27th August 2017

Bam Crash
Hi Sal, We are on our way back from Armenia so great to see your comment as usual. Jo Trouble is a special friend of ours in the Travelblog community that we have been fortunate to have spent time with. We need to visit our son in Toronto again so maybe we can meet at that time as well. Here's hoping!
28th August 2017

Bam Crash...
Let me know when you guys are heading to the big city of TO! We are in Ottawa and kids are back to school soon & reality is a real b*tch!!! :( However, if we could swing a visit that would be awesome!!! As always look forward to your next blog(s)!

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 15; qc: 26; dbt: 0.1058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb