Revolutionary Zorbing


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
October 21st 2006
Published: November 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Zorbing is a bit like throwing yourself into an oversized hamster ball and being pushed down a hill (cheers for your words Pauly Boy).

The Zorb itself is made out of lilo material and has a sphere of space inside, big enough for even a Tommy sized person to stand up in and up to two more people. They can even chuck some water in there, warm water if you ask nicely.

You enter the Zorb through a 1/2 m diameter sized hole which is zipped up before you are pushed from the top of a 50m long embankment which follows either a straight or zig zag course. Tom and I chose a double, wet zorb on the straight run as we knew we would gather more pace. Now a professional Zorbanaut (not my noun, their's) can apparently run so fast they can stand up in the zorb all the way down the hill. When Tom and I tried, we lasted 2 seconds before the motion of the ball and gravity sent us crashing down in a heap of limbs and warm water, sliding on the smooth inner surface of the ball. The experience was a bit like being on one of those water slides at a theme park.

When we reached the bottom, in a fit of giggles, the staff have to shake you out of the entrance hole. We shot out feet first into the open air, wet and bedraggled - a bit like being born again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb