Day 16 - Rotorua


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
December 3rd 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wilson LiftWilson LiftWilson Lift

Tony and Anne going up the lift after their first luge run.
Today we started off with another yummy B&B breakfast and then headed out to the Skyline Gondolas to ride the luge. We took an intial ride down the 2 km scenic route and then headed for the intermediate track. The Scenic route was very bumpy but Hamster got to ride along. The Intermidiate track was much faster and much smoother. Tony and Chris made Anne go last since she kept slowing down. there were lots of nice banks and speedy parts.

From there we debated checking out "New Zealand's Largest 3D Maze" but we passed. Tony and Chris went golfing (increadibly cheap) and Anne went to get a new haircut and do some souviner shopping (not so cheap 😊 ).

We left for Waitomo later that afternoon, a nice drive into the western hills to another great B&B. We passed through a major downpour (our first of the trip), and then through a field of Hail that had just fallen (looked like snow, but it was 9 degrees C)

Tomorrow is the day we head underground to do some Blackwater rafting!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Quintal LiftQuintal Lift
Quintal Lift

Chris going up the lift after his second luge run (can't exactly swap the camera when we are 50 feet in the air and 30 feet apart.)
Chris ChillinChris Chillin
Chris Chillin

Chris chilling out at the top while Tony and Anne return from their third luge ride!
Lovely RotoruaLovely Rotorua
Lovely Rotorua

Chris enjoying the scenery from the gondola.
GolfGolf
Golf

Tony searching for his ball.... where is it... does he take a drop... nope, let the next group play through and look more... FOUND IT.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb