Day # 112


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland
September 28th 2015
Published: September 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Not a breath of wind this morning, the sea was like a mirror at Manganese Pt. The sun was shining down on us as we perched ourselves on the seat on the hill drinking our morning cuppa. (Thinking of the poor buggers heading off to work). What a view to wake up to.

A couple of chores on our list before we can explore around Manganese Pt. We desperately needed to clean the roof hatches on the motorhome. It is a mission unbolting everything and squeezing Lance out the roof hatch. Thought I was going to have to butter him up to get him out😊. One hatch done another 2 to go……….will put it on the list to do and when time permits.

The cloud rolled in this afternoon with light rain, but we still headed off over the rocks and around the Pt to explore. A couple of very energetic young boys tore in front of us with their grandparents looking a little bedraggled behind and desperately trying to keep up. Let the school holidays begin huh! We came across a jetty sitting on its lonesome which had a view across to an Island. The kids that passed us earlier on were heading that way and said they were going to Rat Island (so maybe that’s what it was called). I managed to have a bit of a play with my underwater camera, in the rock pools. Looking forward to summer when I can use it more.

The end of the day has seen the most amazing Red Red Sunset. What a lovely evening on the Pt


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb