New Zealand Roadtrip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland
May 28th 2007
Published: May 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 39 - Monday 28th May 2007

Left hostel around 10. We rang our respective boyfriends... oh what a suprise! 😊 (ha ha yeah...for sar maybe! Phone & superglue!!...Yeah yeah Yeah!) For gem- good to finally get hold of Jay again!!

A changeable day again sunny/cloudy. Popped into town before we left to get photos put onto cd. Gem drove down the coast. We stopped at Kawakawa to see the cool public toilets...Ha ha i hear you say public toilets!! Yeah, they were cool, all mosaic and coloured glass bottles and all, with grass growing on the roof! A few shop fronts in 'town' had a similar style.

Leaving Kawakawa started driving the wrong direction...oops...before we righted ourselves again! More like Gem said we were going along the right route, but Sar wondered why it was on a different road!!... ha ha, slight error!!
Refuelled down the road and took the coast road to Whanagarei. Rang from here and booked a hostel at Mangawhai Heads.

We arrived at the 'hostel' around 6pm, it was practically dark. It was called 'Coastal Cow Backpackers'. It was more like someones house and they rented out the upstairs rooms. It was cool though, nice and cosy in the living room/kitchen. The weather had turned cold by the time we got here!!! Brrrrrrrrrrr!! They were a really nice couple and had such a cute little baby boy!! Very giggly when he saw us, was very inquisitive and didn't want to miss a thing. Paid more attention to us than getting fed so the spoon of food missed his mouth. We made very quick pitta pizzas for tea.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb