Time to explore Paihia


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland » Paihia
April 28th 2005
Published: January 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

View from the lookout.View from the lookout.View from the lookout.

Looking down on the Bay of Islands.
All day on my feet
Look out, Waitangi and Beach.
Can't wait to sit down.

None of us were really all that motivated to get up too early. Tine and I slowly made and ate our breakfast and waited for Jasper to get his act together. We eventually headed out and went on an easy walk to a look out point over Pahia. We had a pretty good view of Russell and some of the surrounding areas. Jasper of course spotted a tree just outside of the fence and just had to climb it...

Then the three of us walked over the bridge to get some culture and check out the Waitangi Treaty grounds. So much for trying to get some culture, it would have cost us $10 to enter the museum so we decided to walk along the beach instead.

By this time it was about 3PM and we didn't really have a break for lunch so we headed back to the hostel to grab a bite to eat and just wait for our bus that would take us back to Auckland.

The drive back along the windy roads seemed to take forever but we eventually drove into Auckland before 8PM.

I figured it was the low season in Auckland so didn't think ahead to book a bed. Well, lesson learned! All the dorm beds were booked and only a single room was available at about 2.5 times the price of a dorm bed. Thank goodness the YHA has another hostel that was pretty close...down two steep streets mind you...and I was able to get a bed there easily.

Not a very exciting day, eh...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb