Big Bikes take to South America


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland » Kaitaia
January 29th 2014
Published: January 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

South America, well, Chile and Argentina have been paving the roads so fast that we have put this 28 day, 5,000km plus, Tarmac Tour together for couples on Road Bikes.

We have an eclectic mix of motorcycles and people for this adventure.

From Auckland, we have Bob and Mary Grey, with Mary riding her Spyder and Bob on his BMW F650 GS. From Invercargill, we have Ross (D Duke) and Christine Bulling, they will be riding their bright red Ducati ST3. Raewyn (Bones) and I will be riding our Harley Davidson Ultra Classic CVO, with Gerardo leading the charge on his BMW1200 GS.

We are also taking 3 x Suzuki DR 650's over in the container for three guys from Dunedin, they will only stay with us for a few days, then head off on their own for an extended period.

We have loaded the container, with only about 20mm to spare to shut the door!! and it is now on it's way to the Chilean Port of Valparaiso. We will fly in on the 3rd March to pick up the bikes.

One good thing about taking a small group like this on our first Tarmac
Ross and ChristineRoss and ChristineRoss and Christine

The red ST3 Ducati
Tour, is the flexibility that we have of decissions on the new routes that we will be taking through Argentina.

So, we are all looking forward to our next adventure and riding the uncluttered highways of Northern Chile and Argentina. I will keep you posted with the blog, also we now have a Facebook Page and also a new web site: www.roscosrockyroad.com so please take a moment and check it out.

un abrazo, Rosco


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Bob and MaryBob and Mary
Bob and Mary

Red Spyder in foreground
Kubota StrugglesKubota Struggles
Kubota Struggles

The tractor just managed to lift the Harley.


29th January 2014

Safe travels
Hi Rosco, I am the sister of those Taranaki Campbell boys, loved reading your blogs. Good luck with the new trip. Ciao Maree
31st January 2014

I feel for you!
Hi Maree, they sure have kept you under the blanket all this time, but really happy that you are enjoying our Blogs. Cheers, Rosco
29th January 2014

Jealous much.
Maybe one day I will come alone also
29th January 2014

excited
love to be coming with you!!!
30th January 2014

The big trip
Enjoy the big ride you guys.So you will still be here for your 45th wedding anniversary all I can say is that BONES and I must be very patient.We should meet up sometime in Feb and celebrate the occasion maybe Tai we will let you and Raewyn give a time and location.

Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.2769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb