Rain, rain, go away


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Mangonui
March 28th 2007
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Ferry RideFerry RideFerry Ride

On the fast ferry en route to Russell from Paihia on Day 1.
Geo: -34.9921, 173.531

Hello all. We're on day 3 of our excursion and have viewed dolphins in the Bay of Islands, photographed Haruru Falls near Paihia, walked in our stocking feet around the Maori Waitangi Treaty Grounds building full of fierce statue carvings, and sipped hot cocoa on the shelled beach of Urupukapuka Island of Zane Grey fame. We have done a lot, all despite torrential rain that will not cease. The locals are glad for it, but we, of course, had visions of sandy beaches beneath the sun dancing thruogh our minds and are seeing, instead, massive sheets of rain that move across the landscape in waves. Thank goodness for all the rain gear we brought! We are keeping a positive attitude though, and are venturing north today toward Cape Reinga, the northernmost point of the north island where a lighthouse reigns over the meeting of the Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean in a seam of teal-green. Should be beautiful regardless of the weather. Miss and love you all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb