Day 164 New Zealand, Whanganui and drive to Kapiti.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Kapiti Coast
April 30th 2015
Published: May 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Followers,



We woke up quite early naturally, but started breakfast about 9.30am. We got some bacon and eggs out of the van and Lewis supplied everything else.



About 11am we headed out I their car with them where they showed us some of the sites of Whanganui. They firstly took us up the monument for WW1 looking out over the city and beyond. We took some great photos of the views but it was even colder up there to we didn’t stay long. They then took us to the Victoria lake and park, where we had a good walk round, and spotted a lot of Pukeko birds. After that we had a quick stop at their local black sand beach, but was so windy again. We bought lunch from Countdown and took it back to their house to make lunch (pate on tiger loaf, with blue cheese and crackers. We also tried L&P soft drink that they said we had to try-it was good!



At 1pm we set off on the road again, heading for Paraparaumu, Kapiti Coast for sunset. It took a good 3 hours as we stopped off at an outlet shopping area in Okari, we didn’t find anything to buy though. When we arrived we had about an hour before sunset so I chilled out and Neil prepped food for tea. We then watch the sun set on the beach of it going down behind the Kapiti Island; the sky was cloudless as well so it was beautiful.



We kept the camper in the car park that we had pulled in to, there were no signs saying we couldn’t park there so assumed it would be fine (it was).



We had a good evening eating food and watching an episode of spooks!!



Love V&N xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb