Hot Hot Hot Hawkes Bay (Napier)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Hawkes Bay » Napier
October 30th 2008
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We hopped in the van the next day, and raced up to Napier, the art deco city. Very pretty, very nice place, we liked Napier. We did a wine tour in the afternoon, but a proper one this time with transport so we could both drink the wines! What a beautiful afternoon - the sun was out, it was really hot and we sat in winery gardens sipping on loads of yummy wines. We found the reds extremely nice indeed, the whites (sav b anyway) we preferred from Marlborough. We met a really nice group of English guys on the tour (another 4 plus us), two also on honeymoon and one on a 'pre honeymoon honeymoon' who were travelling the world before getting married next year on the 22 August, aaah. Really nice guys - especially this couple who were also divers and we swapped notes. They were off to Oz next so we beseached them to do the Yongala and our live-aboard in Cairns.

We spent the evening in the campervan, although we had planned to head into town, we realised we have quite a lot of wine left and only a few days now before we drop the van off! Still, fish n chips take away was very nice washed down with some beautiful wine. All in all a very good day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb