Gisborne and south to Napier


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Hawkes Bay » Hastings
December 29th 2005
Published: January 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Gisborne



Spent two nights at a Homestay in north Gisborne and then we hired a car to take us all the way to Wellington at New Year. Eventually we got the bike into a Corrolla and ventured further south. At the Information Centre first thing we met again our intrepid cyclists from Malvern, Harvey and Catherine, who were staying in town as well.

Then off to stay with Don with whom Lesley stayed with last time, a lovely man, who lives in a small bungalow in Hastings.

And off to the Hawkes Bay Sun Club where we were greeted by a single member who then left for Rotoroa leaving us on the site on our own! We were in an old partially reconstructed home of three bedrooms but a bit needed doing. Next morning Lesley had us packed up and on the road before we thought again that it might get better.

Helen arrived on Christmas Eve and went. Then, on Christmas Day, a lot more members arrived and it got much better. The weather was windy but warm and no rain. We were taken out to some hot springs on Boxing Day with other members. A memorable day with a naked driver taking us in his 4x4 way inland. We also saw an amazing museum compiled by an old man who eventually came out of his house to switch the lights on. It contained a 1912 Rolls Royce unreconstructed and another dozen cars together with bits and pieces from farming ways, soldiering and all sorts.

We set off south to Wellington.


Advertisement



10th January 2006

Happy new year!
Happy new year both! Sounds like eventful but interesting travelling. Had bril Christmas with our 4. Have got new job starting early Feb - Parents Forum Development Co-ordinator! Title tells you a lot! Iwan spent some time with Tom. Sounds well and enjoying life. Enjoy yourselves and don't get saddle sore. Lots of love.

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb