Full-on Celebrity Status in Hamilton...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Hamilton
August 18th 2006
Published: August 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

OOOO...THE MOVESOOOO...THE MOVESOOOO...THE MOVES

...nough said
On Friday the 18th, we arrived at The Outback exhausted from a week of intensive practice and with nerves in our stomach. On top of that, we found out that our name had been pulled to go first out of a group of 9 teams.
Great...first, the team everyone will forget by the end of the night.

In a half an hours time before we arrived, my teammate Logan whipped out a mean spraypainting design on our t-shirts with our name- 'No Limit'- so that the crowd would know who to cheer (or boo) for when the time came.

The first 4 teams went, and at the half we were suprised to hear the crowd yelling our name.
But there was no beating Blackout, a crazy bboy crew that I was glad to see AFTER I had already danced.

So...we were psyched to be rewarded with 3rd place, but not as psyched for the prize...I'll let you guess, (hint: refer to my last blog, because the prize was the same). aha, pff.

...if I can find a way to send the video we took, via the web, I shall just for your further amusement 😊

happy
'Passing the Dutch''Passing the Dutch''Passing the Dutch'

Here we each 'passed the dutch' by doing breakdancing 'top rocks' and passing the moves to each other as the other froze. (check out our mean logos)
dancing


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

To Top It Off...To Top It Off...
To Top It Off...

Our final move from the first show
Getting the Crowd GoingGetting the Crowd Going
Getting the Crowd Going

A lot depends on crowd response, so here we are pumping them up at the end of our dance.
The TeamThe Team
The Team

Logan and I in the back room, before the show.
Blackout, the Competition...Blackout, the Competition...
Blackout, the Competition...

ummmmm, yeah, i can do that...
HA!HA!
HA!

ummmmm, yeah, but maybe not this one... (he was even smiling as he was spinning!)


Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb