On the Road again...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Hahei
November 19th 2007
Published: November 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Orange?Orange?Orange?

Dan loved this - "If its not orange, it's a lemon"
Our last morning in Rotorua - started very leisurely. Had another great breakfast overlooking the beautiful lake Rotorua (we had eggs nad salmon on an english muffin, and ofcourse a great array of fresh fruits). Then about 10:30 we took off and drove north through Tairunga. The day was basically driving down scenic coastal roads and big green hills/mountains. The cloud cover burnt off as we neared the coast.

Stopped in a little beach town for lunch - finally got dan those Fish and chips he was jonesing for. Then continued our drive up the coromondel cape to our location of hte evening, Haihei. We got to this great bed and breakfast - Haihei Oceanfront - wiht a beautiful 180 degree view of the most breath-taking ocean view. NZ coast is covered with a bunch of little rocky islands jutting out of the water- remenants of underwater volcanos and the alike. There was another couple staying there as well, and we all enjoyed a nice cup of tea as we watched the pretty sunset.

Then was rest time - or for us, computer time - we can't get enough of it. its hard being completely disconnected from the world.

Drinks at 6 with our hosts -dan got to do a little show and tell wiht his volcano photos - they came out amazing. Then we rushed down town to catch the ferry to Whaitanga for dinner. And when i say ferry - its really like a slightly bigger than a dinghy. $2 each way for the 3 minute ride - what a killing this guy makes,he has the market on this transfer - otherwise, it would take about 45 minutes to drive around the inlet.

Had dinner at this restaruant called Salt - yummy food, and we were the only ones there - not quite the holiday season yet.

Then returned home to retire - both exhausted as usual.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Street SignsStreet Signs
Street Signs

Did i mention the curvy roads?? Yea, dan almost made me sick - he things he is Mario Andretti
BridgesBridges
Bridges

Everywhere there are these one way bridges - luckily, we didn't hit much traffic - but they say these can cause the huge backups during holidays
Hot Water BeachHot Water Beach
Hot Water Beach

We didn't know what we really were looking for, but on Hot water beach, supposedly at the right tide you can dig a hole down far enough to feel the hot water come up from below.
Ferry rideFerry ride
Ferry ride

Sunset from the ferry
A little funA little fun
A little fun

Becky always finds the fun


20th November 2007

orange car
HI AGAIN WHAT WONDERFUL PICTURES LOVED THE ZORBING. SOUNDS LIKE FUN RIDES. LOVED THE ORANGE CAR, REALLY ENJOYING YOUR TRIP WITH YOU AND DAN.THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US. ANXIOUSLY WAIT FOR THE NEXT EMAIL.. HAVE FUN 00000XXXXX GRANDMA
20th November 2007

how fun!
the zorbing pics are cool, but i wish we could see your faces!! that would have been amazing!! you guys are travelling the world like pros, and i feel like i didn't even know half of these places excisted!! keep the pics and blogs coming... we are all thinking about you both ... and did i mention JEALOUS?!?!?! XOXO
20th November 2007

YO!!
Your blog is the perfect way to kill time on sucky overnight shifts at the hospital. Then again, with the time difference, you're probably up and about exactly when I am these days :) You should gimme a call ;) Seriously, the pictures and stories are wonderful, please keep 'em coming so I have something to do in between seeing patients. And don't forget to bring me back something that kicks major ass. Love you guys.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb