Day Forty Four


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Whangamata
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

A kiwi is a local New Zealander. They call each other and themselves kiwis, and it's not in an insulting way, either.

Jack says his hand is a little sore, but only when I jab the wound. Makes sense. No signs of tetanus. He should be covered by that last immunization, so I think we have all forgotten about it.

Today is Wednesday, our day off, so we drove up north into the Coromandel Peninsula to see what we could find. We made it to Whangamata (pronounced fangamata with an accent on the last "a"). We had breakfast at a cafe, walked on the beach, drove around through a national forest, and trespassed. The hills are so massive and so carved out. Everything is really spaced out, land and house-wise, and the towns are so tiny. We found some dirt bike and ATV trails through the forest and followed that for a while. Next time we might drive the whole length of the peninsula.

We are about to head out to Tauranga with Christoffel to see what we can find for a stereo system for the bar. Alison just left to head to Auckland for a night shift. We settled a deal with a lady to let her use the bar on Saturday night for her son's 18th birthday party, so we have been cleaning the place up like mad. I typed up a contract with some terms and conditions, she signed and paid in cash, and we are all set for Saturday. Pure profit. There are six other guys in this town that are friends with this one who are turning 18 in the next couple of weeks, so we might be getting more bookings! The bar is being put to use even before it is opened!

We are about half way through our time here! That's a weird thought.

Advertisement



3rd July 2008

Its really me
So, Bobbi sent me the link, I caught up on the whole time you've been gone. I am sooo happy for you guys. You look like you are having the time of your life, the pics are beautiful, breathtaking. What wonderful memories you are making! I love you both, you are blessed!
3rd July 2008

You
Well ... I used the phrase "that really rips my nightie" yesterday before he read your entry ... You should have seen the look I got! Jack, haircut ???? Where did you trespass? Love Mom

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb