Hot Water Beach, Cathedral Cove and Waitomo Caves


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Hot Water Beach
November 6th 2013
Published: January 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We stayed at the Hot Water Beach Holiday Park in the Backpackers Lodge. This place was lovely. There was outside decking with a BBQ to use.

We went to Hot Water Beach and dug up our own hot water pool. This takes a few attempts, as some spots are very hot! Yet some aren't hot at all.

Once you've got the perfect spot, you create a little channel to the sea to keep your temperature just right! This was a really cool beach which I would definitely go back to.

Whilst here, we also visited Cathedral Cove. It's a nice walk to the beach and don't get me wrong, Cathedral Cove is a nice beach but I don't think it's one of the best beaches I have ever been to.

The next day, we went to Waitomo and visited the Waitomo Caves. We did the 'Black Labrynth' tour which is basically tubing through the Ruakuri Cave.
My God, this was scary! You have to put your bum through the tube and jump backwards off waterfalls. Then when you think it's all over, they turn everyone's lights off and you have to find your way out of the cave in the dark.
We saw loads of glow worms!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb