Some of our travel pics for you to n joy!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Plenty » Tauranga
March 14th 2004
Published: March 14th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Dina kiwi fruit pruningDina kiwi fruit pruningDina kiwi fruit pruning

Oh what fun this is, one of only a few smiles Christina managed during work! hee hee, only joking, it looks easy in the pic, but trust us, it is BACK BREAKING, imagine doing this 9 hours a day 6 days a week, the height of the vines are usually only a few inches above 5' 4, so Mike is usually ok!:o) ... but anyone else taller than this has to bend slightly aaaall day!








So here firstly we have Christina doing some kiwi fruit pruning, lovely work that it is, it can be neck, back and shoulder breaking, until you've done it for a few weeks and then you get used to it, kind of!
Then secondly here we have Mike doing some Mandarine thinning, which again was lovely work in 26 degree sun, trying to avoid wasp nests and large nest of baby spider(none poisoness thankfully!:o), but all made the better for the nutty backpacker we work with!
Thirdly here we have a rather thoughtfully named drink, after what has happened recently with this you would've thought they would have renamed the drink, but hey, this is New Zealand for you!
The 4th picture is of Shu a Japanese backpacker, doing his fire dancing on a warm spring night during another barbecue, yes New Zealanders have nearly as many barby's as Aussie's do!
The 5th pic is from the top of Mount Maunganui, wicked view it is too. You'll be looking at the main beach and those buildings you can see are all the posh side of town, all over 1mill each!!
The 6th pic is
Mike Mandarine ThinningMike Mandarine ThinningMike Mandarine Thinning

Oh what joy Mandarine thinning was, standing around like this pulling off ickle Mandarines, whilst trying to avoid the waspies! Interesting to learn about the growing of em though!
of an injury sustained by Christina whilst riding a bike to work one morning, it was a bit frosty and she went to fast around a corner on a wooden walkway, nice huh!?!
The 7th pic is of us about to embark on our first sea kayaking adventure, no experience at all and we just went for it, was a really kool day, got a bit of sunburn on our legs as we didn't have the water pretection bit over us, but is was kool all the same!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Hmmm, interesting....Hmmm, interesting....
Hmmm, interesting....

I wonder if whoever made this drink is responsible for the worldwide outbreak, hmmmm, me feels a conspiracy theory coming on, muwahahahahaaaa!
I'm a fire starter, twisted fire starter...I'm a fire starter, twisted fire starter...
I'm a fire starter, twisted fire starter...

Shu from Japan entertaining everyone, he travelled all around OZ doing this too, and he can play the bongo's, kooooool!
Top of the world ma!Top of the world ma!
Top of the world ma!

Top of Mount Moooongaaa nooo eeee!
The morning after....The morning after....
The morning after....

Christina's lovely little(not)bruise ... how artistic!
Aving me an adventure...Aving me an adventure...
Aving me an adventure...

Don't we look kool, real professionals!


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb