Flipper


Advertisement
Published: January 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

You beaut!

Today we have been swimming with Flipper and his mates and it was superb... Once in a lifetime stuff. The sun was out all day, only 11 of us on the boat, a nice lunch. Just a great day.


So we head to Auckland then on to Chile and I will miss NZ. We like the campervan thing, the whole living like a snail with your home on your back is great. Our van has adopted the name of "Road Maggot" which is about right, however it has been good fun and we have met some great people on the raod. We will miss the friendly nature of the Kiwi's, they are so so helpful.

Other things that will be missed are there down to earth naming. So for example, "Beachside Campsite" will be a campsite on the beach. "Ocean View Motel" will probably be a motel with a good ocean view. "Dead Horse River", "Fire Ring Chilli", you get the picture. Mind you I was sure to give "Willi Willi Creek" a wide berth.

So, we will be saying goodbye to english, and hello to spanish (not that I am nervous). Lets hope Rach is feeling the San Migel vibe when we get there.

Hope you are all well. Thanks for the Birthday messages.
Cheers
R&R

Advertisement



3rd February 2009

Goons
Yep, Happy Birthday - glad we didn't forget that....ooops! NZ sounds and looks great - J and I would love to go there but maybe another decade or so!! Enjoy your spanish leasons - you'll need them as there sure won't be any English jobs here when you get back.....but the dole queue is fun (joking) Take care and see you soon S and J

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb