Destination - Northland - The Russell Road


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Russell
January 11th 2010
Published: January 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So I have been trying for a bit to convince hubby that taking the Old Russell road home is really a good idea. He does the driving by the way so I understood that he was a bit tired of taking the long scenic routes. Thankfully at the B&B they said it would only add an extra 30minutes to the journey and he even recommended a place where we could stop along the way. Hubby=finally convinced!

So after a satisfying lunch of yes you guessed it fish and chips and a cold beer off we head. The views were scenic and it was worth it! There are many places to stop along the way and every now and again hubby dutifully stopped for me to take a picture. Actually after a while it was me saying no its okay just keep going! Our chosen stop was Oakura a lovely beach along the way. What made it even better was that there was a small coffee shop and a public toilet! It made a great pit stop and we had to drag ourselves away.

If we pushed ourselves we could have done a bit of Whangarei as well but we were tired. Actually I was probably more tired than hubby even though he was doing all the driving!

So the overall Destination Northland experience gets a stunning 10 out of 10!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb