Day 15 - Saturday - Paihia to Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Paihia
March 17th 2007
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Updated 19 MAR 07

Today we had our last organised event. The 'Paihia Duck tour'. Yes that's right we did the duck. A tour which starts off in a bus which miraculously turns into a boat. It wasn't a bad tour but would have been more fun if there were more that 6 people on it and if they weren't all Aussies. The tour started off at the place where the Treaty of Waitangi was signed. This was the initial treaty between the Maori chiefs and the white settelers. We then went over to Russell, by water. Russell was the first New Zealand capital city. They pointed out the winery owned by the actress Susan Serandan and various other historical places.

TIP: Any water/ boat based event, no matter what the weather requires warm clothes.

After the tour we said 'Caio' to our relies in Paihia around the kitchen table and a cuppa. Thanks again Helen and Peter.

The drive back to Auckland was pretty un-eventful.

Spent the afternoon with our Auckland relies which was very enjoyable and relaxing. Not to harp on a point but there is nothing like home cookked food and hospitality!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb