Sunday - Rainbow Warrior blown up by the French


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Kerikeri
September 28th 2008
Published: October 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The next day we went to a beach in the Bay of Islands and I can see why it would be one of the favourite spots for holidaying Kiwis. It is all sand bottom, turquoise blue water and lots of sheltered bays. Spring had only arrived a couple of days ago but the sun was already really warm. We climbed a “hill” to see a shrine for a the rainbow warrior - sunk by the French in Auckland harbour in the late 1980s. Of course we took the hard way up and found that there was a marked path when we started down.
Did you notice—Top Ten again? Yes we have discovered a great deal. It is a campground so there is camping possibilities if we wish but they also have a variety of cabin accommodation. In Trounson we got one with it's own bathroom to see what that end of the cabins were like and in Keri Keri we went with just a cabin. There are kitchens with all the mod cons, clean showers and bathrooms, lounges with TVs, game rooms, playgrounds and trampolines, and great grounds. It seems that New Zealand's requirement is a trampoline in every park so Joshua has become a connoisseur and is working on perfecting his flips.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb