Day # 26 & 27


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
July 5th 2015
Published: July 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We found Makarau (for those of you who don't know its north of Kaukapakapa/Helensville and you can't get mobile coverage lol). Beautiful peaceful spot I would have to say. A great night with the M & M's (our lovely Scottish friends we met in Niue). Would have taken photos but a photo of Cheryl after 1 wine, Cheryl after 2 wines, Cheryl after 3 wines.....decided I wouldn't punish you all😊. The boys thrashed around the world economic problems (I think they have the answer to all it all......or is it they think they have the answer to it all?). The M & M's are off back to Niue next month and we would love to go with them but you know what they say you can't have your cake and eat it unless you win Lotto. We headed off mid afternoon today, with the first stop only a few kms down the road. Gibbs Farm (www.gibbsfarm.org.nz), no we were not fortunate to actually go on this amazing farm with sculptures but it didn't stop us from hanging over the fence and taking photos with the camera. They have some visitors days posted on website but they are all booked till December this year. The owner is Alan Gibbs (Entrepreneur, businessman and Art collector). One of his sculptures is a large Giraffe but he also has real live ones on his farm (see photo). I would so love to wander around this place it looks amazing. Next stop Omeru Reserve/Falls. One word....cute. A group of bleary eyed young fellas were also there looking for a real big waterfall or magic mushrooms we couldn't quite decide! After leaving the boys to whatever they were looking for we backtracked to Helensville then out to Shelly Beach on the western side of the Kaipara Harbour. Looks like a bit of fishing is on the cards over the next couple of days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 83; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb