Lazy Weekend


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 9th 2013
Published: February 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Lazy weekend to recoup from the last week. Gym on Saturday followed by the beach - Coopers end of Stanmore Bay. Had New Zealand Green Lipped Mussles for dinner - they're flipping huge - fantastic!

1st thing Sunday morning took the kids to Surf Life Saving at Red Beach, which is something kids as young as 5 get involved in. At first it appeared to be chaos with kids all over the huge beach. But you could soon see it was well organised and the kids were well disciplined. Each group started off with a warm up run up and down the beach.

Then they practiced different Surf Life Saving drills. At times the scene could be alikened to the D-Day Landings. With kids swarming out of the sea and onto the beach. It's good to see kids learning a valuable life skill. A couple of teenagers were patrolling the beech on a quad and others were manning a rib. According to Mick these kids often help out the police with jobs that are inaccessible. Not bad when you consider it's a volunteer service funded by donations and sponsorship.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb