Pink sheep and old friends


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
November 3rd 2012
Published: November 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Travelling to Auckland, Geen and I were in a bit of a sombre mood . . it would be our last stop before leaving NZ and we also would be bidding a sad farewell to our lovely Colin the camper. Our countenance was somewhat cheered by the sight of a load of pink sheep, which we spotted on the way.

Arriving in Auckland, we checked into the Base Hostel where we stayed in the Sanctuary female only dorm for $30 a night. And lo! who should be there but Geen's old friend Rob, the guy we met in Darwin and Perth.

Geen caught up over a few beers for Rob's birthday and as I remained sober, I was up bright and breezy to take the ferry over to Devonport, where there are 2 extinct volcanoes and not a Lynher House in sight! Geen went to Parnell via the link bus, where there are lots of boutique shops and treated herself to a print by Reuben Price of Lake Tekapo.

One of our last evenings in wonderful New Zealand was spent at the cinema watching the Hangover for the second time . . time to move on again to the magical Cook Islands.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb