New Zealand, Day 12


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
March 26th 2012
Published: March 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

My yummy chicken.My yummy chicken.My yummy chicken.

Best meal I've had so far!
Today, when I woke up, the first thing I did was call my parents and tell them the news, that I had won 1.5 million dollars at the casino last night! They screamed! But, me being modest (except for last night) I decieded to have a chill day and spend it indoors. I ordered waffles for breakfast from the room service menu and stayed all day in my pyjamas. Even when around 2 oclock I walked outside down to the All Blacks store on the corner of the road, maybe around 100 metres away from the hotel, just to get some post cards to mail back home. I watched a few movies, had a nap, checked facebook, and had another nap.

The sun was out but I still didn't feel like going outdoors. Staying at home was good enough for me. I ended up exploring the hotel, finding out they had a pool and a pub downstairs! I then went to the restaurant in the hotel, yes, in my pyjamas because at this point, I didn't care what people thought of me, I was rich! I could buy their approval. Luckily I didn't need to because I didn't really care. For lunch I had a gourmet swizz cheese and mushroom burger with curly fries. It was all really good and delicious, but I bought 2 cokes. One for now and one to take back to the hotel.

I ate the strawberries from the time I went to the strawberry farm too, and the strawberry ice-cream. It was SO good! Then after lunch, I went back to my room and wrote in the postcards. All of them had a kiwi on the front and a silver fern.

By around 5-6pm, I thought I would start to pack up my clothes, I only had tomorrow left then I would leave for the airport around 3am. I never realised how much stuff I had, and now I had even more from the time I went shopping. I had to squish everything in but the suitcase still wouldn't close. I even broke the tv remote by getting frustrated with my suitcase and ditching it at it. Woops.

After I finally got it closed, and broke a nail or two, I thought i'd celebrate and order the most expensive thing in the menu for dinner. It was cream cheese, wrapped in chicken, wrapped in bacon on top of mashed potato and green beans and a sause. It was so good, my mouth is watering thinking about it. A plus was that the service didn't take long, maybe 20 minutes.

I would say today was a really good day, I got to lounge around, do whatever, and it was a nice break from being full on everyday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb