Auckland airport to Melbourne Airport


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
April 20th 2010
Published: April 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Both of us are tired but unable to sleep. Kerry people watches and Rob plays on the arcade games.

Rob snoozes for 45 minutes and when he stirs Kerry takes the opportunity to switch places - flat out for about an hour!

I get a pleasant surprise when I wake - Rob is sat talking to Claire and Rich - a couple we met when sailing in the Whitsundays.

At 3am we go to stretch our legs - choosing to get a trundler (trolley) as we have no energy to carry our bags! (Kerry's weighs 14kg and Rob's weighs 18kg).

Once our bags are checked in we head to the departure lounge - time starts to fly and before long it is time to board.

Two and a half hours later we arrive in Melbourne - we are told to put our clocks back 2 hours - so we have 8am twice - very strange!

Again, security and customs was very fast. We decide to get some breakfast however, Rob's bank have blocked his bank card (great)!

At 2pm it is time to fly again, this time Kerry gets randomly stopped and is explosive tested.

The flight is nice and smooth- we both sleep through it and wake up covered in each others drool.

A short wait (this time outside for the fresh air) and Nyree arrives. It is so strange being back in Brisbane but also daunting- we are due to fly home in 8 days but due to the Iceland Volcano flights have been cancelled - we are left keeping or fingers crossed!

We arrive at Nyree and Alans and they make us spag bol and make the sofa bed as comfy as possible for us.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb