Those crazy kiwis!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
March 30th 2007
Published: March 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As of today I have been gone for a week, I will have been here for a week on saturday! Its crazy to think about, it does not really feel like its been a week! I'm not quite use to the time yet, I still can only sleep till 9am and thats after I wake up at every hour starting at 6...but I'm not as tired during the days anymore so I guess thats a start.
After my day that I spent down town i spent the next day at home during the day well Melissa and Hopper were at work then that night we had dinner at home and then decided to go out to a few bars for drinks. We went down to a place called the viaduct which is right by the water downtown where the harbour is. It has alot of cool bars along it and a hotel resturant and you can walk from bar to bar and they are all very different but right side by side to eachother. We tryed out a few different bars. A few that were pretty small and had a weird feeling about them but then we found a few really cool ones. Since it was a wensday they were all pretty dead so we could come and go as we pleased to which ever ones we wanted. We went to a really cool bar that kinda had an indian feel to it and right next door is a bar that is all made of ice in the inside. We did not go to it because it cost $30 to go in and you only get to stay for a half hour and you get one free drink out of it and a big coat to wear well your there. But the cool thing was that at the bar that we went to you could see the whole inside of the ice bar from inside. So it looked really cool but not really worth $30 on a nice night in Auckland. We did not stay out to late since Melissa and Hopper both had work the next day.
Yesterday Hopper picked me up on his lunch break and took me to a mall close to there house. It was pretty cool cuz it was part inside and part out. It was super rainy yesterday tho so i did not really spend to much time outside but it was still pretty cool. Inside there is a bunch of fountains that are not covered from the outside so that was pretty to watch even tho it was raining and a little bit cold. Once I had enough of walking around in shops I just sat and did some reading which was very nice and relaxing. There is lots of cool cafes where ever you go with good coffee so Its always nice to just sit and read a book for awhile. Then yeserday night we were suppose to go see a play that a person from Melissa work was in. But the weather was so bad that the traffic was horrible so well driving there we got maybe half way and the play was starting so we decided instead of being really late we would just go home. So I was a little bit disapointed about that but what can you do, weather will be weather!
I have started making a list about cool/crazy things I have noticed about Auckland. 1. They have some really stupid looking cars 2. You can pay for parking and for things online that you would normally pay for on visa on your cell phone. You just text something and it adds the cost to your phone bill. 3. Making a phone call is super expensive here. It cost the same amount to call long distance as it does to call someone cell phone that lives in New Zealand from a land line and after you have been talking for an hour the cost of the call goes up no matter who your calling, so if you want to talk longer then an hour you may as well hang up and then call them back. 4. they have no pennies here so they always round the price either up or down and tax is included in the price on the price tag so you never have to guess. 5. You dont tip any one here ever! 6. there is alot of things you call different here ( but its a long list so I'll explain once i'm back)6. They has pre mixed drinks here so you can buy rum and cokes in the bottle so you dont always have to mix your drinks ( they are really good)7. you are aloud to drink in the car well someone is driving( so instead of having to buy so much at the bar or having to drink a bunch at the house before you leave you can drink on the way there and not get in trouble for it).....and the list goes on and on, I will add things as I think of them! So in so many ways New Zealand seems so behind in the times but then there are other things that just seems so smart and ahead of the times, its crazy!
So this weekend we are going to Hoppers brothers house for dinner tonight and then tomorow night we leave for Rutorua for satuerday and sunday, i'm super excited! So I will update again on monday about how are weekend went. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb