A campervan trip is not complete without a ukelele


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
October 16th 2019
Published: October 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

18th August 2019







So we landed back in Auckland after spending 12 days in Australia, celebrating quitting our jobs with no next job in sight!!







We decided that we didn't want to pay for a camp site as we wouldn't be arriving until after midnight and wouldn't be able to get our moneys worth (already getting into the tight traveller mindset).



Luckily we found a "freedom" campsite about 40 minutes from the airport at Onewhero domain. This proves difficult when you are not self contained in NZ and because our van is so tiny, and we didn't want to sacrifice bed space for a portable toilet, we need to find campsites with toilet facilities..... This was going to be a limitation over the next 5 months but i still stand by our design!







The next challenge is having a van which is so bloody full! Where do you put everything when you want to sleep? Two inflatable SUPs, two rucksacks full of clothes, a storage box full of food, alllll the ski gear, tennis racquets and a ukelele. We did our best to pile most of it on the front seats and then left the most waterproof stuff (the paddleboards) tied to the van outside.







After getting used to the cold in NZ, and not having power at the freedom campsite, and not having any heating we eventually managed to get a good sleep under 3 blankets plus sleeping bags, plus a fleecy lion onesie, and were ready to start our NZ farewell tour!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb