Heading North


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 24th 2018
Published: February 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Heading North

Showpony and the Donkey met at the airport in Christchurch at a time well before departure. They ended up with separate seats on the plane which the donkey did not mind as he knew that there would be plenty of time with Showpony to come. When they arrived in Auckland they were too mean to take a shuttle or taxi to their hotel so they walked, and walked....and walked. They also discovered the reason why the Donkey got his bike in the box so much quicker. His box was almost twice the size as Showpony's bike box. Showpony un-boxed his bike and was delighted to discover that it had not been damaged. The Donkey, in contrast, was disappointed that his bike also came out of his box unscathed as he was still looking for an excuse to get on the first plane back home. A quick meal and some last minute supplies from countdown (open till midnight) for the long bus trip up to the far North the next day and they went off to bed. Showpony slept as soon as his large head hit the pillow while the Donkey was lying in the dark mulling things over in his overworked little brain before falling into a restless sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb