Traveling a few more thousand miles


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
August 30th 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -36.8474, 174.766

We left KL very sad - and in fact it poured with rain most of the morning.
Our GPS got us to the airport in plenty of time, so we got to do some shopping 😊
The plane trip was uneventful - got to catch up on some notes, have dinner AND breakfast, gorgeously presented of course.
Arrived to a brilliantly bright and warm day in Auckland. The tide was obviously out from this water-surrounded city. Got the rental car - bit bigger than the one in Malaysia and not so pink, and then found our home-away-from-home: an enormous Comfort Inn suites with separate bedroom, sleepable for 4, fridge, and best of all -- washer&dryer in the suite. So we caught up with that while waiting to connect with Fr. Emile Frische, past exec for WWME we knew when we were facilitators of the WWME Interfaith Board first time around, '07-10. Wonderful person. We saw his church and new area, and then had great dinner at Vietnamese restaurant. Interesting to hear more about his 14 years on Borneo.
Only getting about 2 hours sleep on the plane, we were tired, but not as tired as you'd think.
Ready to hit the ground running Thursday, Sept 1, which the NZers refer to as the "first day of spring." It bodes to be bright, with high of 60, low of 45. So, crisp.
The architecture of houses and lay out of parks and such reminds of us of even m USA and England so far.

Advertisement



1st September 2016

Love you both......I know you are having a wonderful time!
1st September 2016

So interesting! The large gold tower inside the airport caught my eye! :) but the park was even more beautiful, the sky bright and beautiful, looked like home to me. Enjoy every minute! xoxoxoxo

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb