Going West - Murawai


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Waitakere
April 7th 2009
Published: April 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 28th - Sunday 29th April 2009

My lovely fellow Scot Lisa and I decided to hire a car and try out our camping gear ahead of our big easter road trip last weekend. We didn't go far but you don't have to go far out of the city here to get the amazing scenery so we opted for the West Coach surf beach Muriwai - about 45 mins drive from Auckland.

It was a nice drive through the usual hills, farms, vineyards etc and the beach was HUGE with black sand and lots of nice surfer types. We tried to fein coolness in our wetsuits and on the body board but we couldn't quite get passed 'lukewarm' with our constant giggling and shouts of "Wheeeeeeeeeee" I don't think we impressed any surfers at all and went off in shame to see the gannet colony which was pretty cool but a bit whiffy!

That night we watched a pretty spectacular sunset from the dunes with a bottle of wine of course and got a bit tipsy and did some star gazing. ........ its all upside down here............or could've been the wine!

Then we froze in our little $48 Warehouse tent - summer is officially over!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb